Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Totally Posted Tuesday



Linking up with Karly Kim and Glossy Blonde for Totally Posted Tuesday!

Glossy Blonde


  • So I tried the foundation that I got in my Birchbox last week (review: here), it was alright. I mean it covered OK, but felt greasy to me and I definitely wouldn’t spend $38 on a full sized bottle.  
  • Remember about two weeks ago when I blogged about my obsession with the scale?  Well I’m happy to report I stayed away from the scale except for my weekly weigh ins on Friday and both Fridays I lost 1.6 lbs! (3.2 lbs in 2 weeks is pretty good, especially considering the two weekends I had) I think it helped NOT knowing how I was doing each day because I was more adamant about being “good” since I didn’t know how bad I screwed up over the weekends (when I cheat). Hopefully I see another loss (or at least maintain) when I weigh in in a few more days! I’m trying super hard to be at my pre-pregnancy weigh by the time EM’s 1st Birthday comes around in just over 2 weeks, and I’m SO close!
  • Speaking of Birthdays… you know your birthday is coming up when you start receiving all the emails from the many restaurant mailing lists I sign up for with free (or discounted) offers. I probably won’t actually end up using any of the offers though, but we’ll see. I’m sure I’ll get some more too as the week goes on. So far my options are:
    • Free Sub and Drink at Jersey Mike’s on 11/3
    • Free Magnificent Seven at Perkins by 11/10
    • Free Dessert at Longhorn by 11/12
    • $25 off any food purchase at a Talk of the Town Restaurant by 11/18
    • $30 off any meal (with purchase) at Kobe’s Japanese Steakhouse by 11/30
    • Free Birthday Pastry at Panera by 12/27
  • I’m not doing anything special for my birthday (G is taking me away somewhere later in the month, but it’s a surprise so I don’t know where yet) because I didn’t really WANT to do anything, just a nice meal. Since we’re doing something so big for EM two weekends later and everyone will be coming over for that, didn’t feel like making a big deal out of my Birthday. Looks like now the whole weekend is jam packed with other non-birthday related items anyways and G has to fly to Atlanta (for work) Sunday evening so I’m just going to go to dinner with my Mom (My dad is in China on business so he won’t be able to join us, boo!)
    • Saturday Morning is the Give Kids the World Gingerbread Run 5k (I am happy to share my birthday weekend with this cause every year, it’s such an amazing organization Check it out at: www. gktw.org)
    • Saturday Afternoon/Evening is a going away party for G’s Uncle who is moving to PA
    • Sunday Morning/Afternoon is a Gender Reveal Brunch for our good friends (yey!! so excited to find out what they are having, my guess is a boy!)
  • One of my first blog posts was about all the races I (and G) signed up for this year and spring, well I’m a sucker for some medals and just signed up for the OUC Half Marathon on December 7th. We have another one on December 1st so I hope I recover ok from that one to actually run the one on the 7th and I hope I recover ok from the 7th to enjoy our cruise on the 8th!  Guess I better start picking up my mileage the next month if I want to do OK (read: not die/get picked up for going to slow) in them. 
    How awesome is this?
  • Luckily the weather has been BEAUTIFUL! Last night I went for a short run and it felt sooo nice, so tonight I went for over 5 miles! Apparently the temps are going to be up to the high 80’s by the end of the week again (I guess fall wasn’t REALLY here after all) but a cold front is supposed to come over the weekend, so maybe it’ll stay cool after that! HOPEFULLY!
Disclosure: This post contains referral links!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you, please leave a comment if you are stopping in for a looksy!