Monday, November 4, 2013

Weekend Shenanigans - Part 2

Since I had a busy weekend, I’m going to split my post into two sections. This is Weekend Shenanigans - Part 2 (Part 1 is here)

EM wasn’t feeling too well on Saturday morning/afternoon, just looked so miserable. Although I did love the cuddling, I felt so bad for her.  She was coughing and had a little fever. She normally only naps max 1 hr a day and on Saturday she slept a good 4 hours on and off and then still slept through the night. We had to give her medicine (Infant Advil) for the first time ever (I guess making it 11.5 months without baby meds is pretty darn good!. Within 30 minutes of taking the Advil she was back to her normal happy self.  Saturday night we went to my in-laws for a going away party for G’s uncle. It’s always nice to spend time with them.  EM of course ate up all the extra attention she got from the family members.  We also noticed her doing something new for the first time, finally able to get back into a sitting position from being on her belly/back/crawling! By the way, she was fine today!


poor EM looked terrible

a few hours later, back to her happy self!



Sunday was my birthday! I’m officially 28 years old, and so that required me to update my “about me” page. I also played around on picmokey and added in a signature. I know you are all sooo excited about that, I don’t really like the one I came up with but maybe I’ll have some more time later this week to play around with it!  I started my Birthday off by sleeping in (thanks G! – although I almost always get to sleep in on Sundays, even when it’s not my birthday b/c G is awesome!).  I spent the morning relaxing on the couch and playing with EM before heading to Seasons 52 for our good friends, Ryan and Jenny’s Gender Reveal Brunch! As we were pulling into the parking lot, EM got sick all over herself and the car, that wasn’t fun. Luckily, I had a change of clothes in my diaper bag, and after quite a few wipes and a quick change, we were back in business. She seemed fine after that. Sometimes I think she gets car sick since she’s pretty much only ever gotten sick in the car. Who knows.. Anyways back to the Gender Reveal.. my guess was they were having a boy, and I was wrong. I’m super excited for their little bundle of pink joy to come in March! EM doesn’t know it yet, but she is too! We had a wonderful time at brunch and they even all sang to me for my birthday when they brought out dessert. (I forgot to take a picture of the yummy shot glass dessert “cake” but I found a picture on google) I had the chocolate peanut butter one and it was amazing!

(via Google Images)


After brunch, we returned home and G’s mom came over to bring me my birthday presents from her and my father in law. They got me two pairs of Switchflops by Lindsay Phillips with a few strap options. These are pretty cool, you change out the top straps of the shoes to match outfits and accessories. I had never heard/seen these before.  I plan to try them out once I get a pedicure (my toes are in rough shape!). They also got me a Medal Hanger for all my race bling! I currently hang them in my cubicle at work but have wanted something nice to display them on. I’m going to hang this in our home gym and hopefully add many more to it!  


the different straps to change to
can't wait to hang it up!

G had to fly to Atlanta for work so he left a little bit before I left to meet my Mom for dinner. About an hour before I left, my Mom called to tell me that my brother, SIL, 2 nieces, nephew, and Grandmother were also coming to dinner. It was a very nice surprise! We had dinner at Olive Garden and all 4 kids were on excellent behavior and we had a nice meal together. J They got me a chocolate (DELICIOUS!) cake as well, and come to think of it, I don’t think I made a wish when I blew out the candle! Whoops!  My present from G was a weekend cruise (a repeat of the one we took in May that I got sick on). He’s not a fan of 3 night cruises, so I was surprised he booked one, and I’m excited to go on it later in the month! Overall, I had a wonderful birthday! I could have did without EM throwing up all over the car Sunday morning, but since she’s feeling better now, I’m ok with that lol Now to get started with crossing off some of those 30before 30 items, only 2 years to go!!


my oldest niece KK and EM 

Happy Birthday to Me :)

Grandma with her Grand Daughters


Sami's Shenanigans

What did you do this weekend?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you, please leave a comment if you are stopping in for a looksy!