Sunday, December 1, 2013

Royal Caribbean 5k in St. Maarten


G was just looking over our reservation for Sunday's cruise onboard Royal Caribbean's Allure of the Seas and signing us up for our soda packages when he decided to check out the excursions. Well it looks like RCCL is offering a 5k in St. Maarten as one of their excursions! He mentioned it to me more so as a joke, but when I said hey, it'll be out first international race, he seemed to jump on the idea. So, with that, we booked it.  We're assuming we can bring EM and push her in a stroller - which means we'll be more so walking it than running it. (I emailed RCCL to ask them about it this morning but doubt I'll get a response before Tuesday) and if not, hopefully someone else in our group can watch her and then we'll run it. I also hope they give out medals of some sort as it would be cool to have a race medal from a race from another country. I'm pretty much doubting it, but maybe they'll give a cheap plastic one or SOMETHING. **crossing fingers**  I just thought this was a really cool option for them to offer. Especially with the amount of food I tend to eat on cruises, it'll be nice to offset at least a tiny portion of it! From my Google searches, it appears they only do these races a few times a year so I'm happy that it ended up being on our voyage! 7 Days until our next cruise!! yey!

5 comments:

  1. I saw that Disney does 5Ks too, on Castaway Cay, but our ship isn't going there! I bet it will be a beautiful run for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My friend did one on his Disney cruise last month and it was the first I had ever heard of such a thing and then we saw this! Very excited for it - although we'll be pushing EM since strollers are allowed so it'll be more of a walk than a run

    ReplyDelete
  3. Royal only does this 5k 1-2 times a year because it comes with so much of the other "stuff":

    Private meet-and-greet sessions with high-profile racing athletes
    Seminars and lectures with high-profile athletes
    Personal training tips from experts
    Speed tests onboard the track on your ship

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi wօuld you mind sharing ѡhich blog platform you're uѕing?

    I'm lօoking tο start my owո blog in thе neаr future but I'm having a hard time selecting bеtween BlogEngine/Wordpress/B2evolution ɑnɗ Drupal.
    Tɦе reason I ask іs bscause youur design ɑnd style seems
    different tɦeո mοst blogs anԀ I'm lookiոg foг somеthing completely unique.
    P.S My apologies for beіng off-topic Ƅut I had to aѕk!


    my web site - liability ϲar insurance - -

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you, please leave a comment if you are stopping in for a looksy!