Tuesday, January 14, 2014

#2014BloggerChallenge - Skincare

Well the topic for the 2nd Post of the #2014BloggerChallenge is about skincare. It's kind of open ended, but to be honest I'm not that excited about posts about beauty, which to me skincare relates to. As much as I'd like to think I'm into it, I'm not. But the point of the challenge is to widen your horizons on your normal blogging topics so here goes. 



I don't really have a skincare routine. Should I have one? Probably. My routine consists of washing my face with either Neutrogena, Clean and Clear Daily Pore Cleanser (or Target version), or Noxzema, when I shower. I have all 3 in my shower and switch it up every few days. Although, my preferred of the three is the Clean and Clear, it's also the easiest of the three to travel with. That's it. I don't wash my face every morning or every night before bed. I don't worry about getting my makeup off my face before bed. I wash it while in the shower only. Sometimes I shower at night and sometimes it's in the morning, but that's when my face gets clean. I don't regularly moisturize, although lately I have been using my Purlisse moisturizer that came in a Birchbox, but not on a regular basis. Maybe a few times a week. I have noticed my face makeup looks way better (when I wear it) after I moisturize. If I put on face makeup, it's a mineral based powder, or if I'm trying to get really done up, I do use a liquid foundation first. This is rare. I hardly wear much more than mascara. 



As as a teen I had horrible acne. Luckily, after using Proactiv as a teen, I haven't had too many issues except once in a blue moon I'll get a period zit or two. In the summer, I do put on SPF (zinc oxide or a moisturizer that has SPF in it) often because I don't want my face to burn (yes, I know you can burn not in the summer as well, but I tend to be outdoors more in the summer). I'm also really bad about putting on lotion on my skin in general. My sister is obsessed with putting on lotion and puts on a ton after each shower. I'm the complete opposite and only put it on when I'm starting to appear ashy. My mom is a lotion person as well, although not as obsessed as my sister. I'm not sure where I became so nonchalant about it taking care of my skin and I'm sure in 10 years I'll regret all this when I really start aging.

So that's my routine, or lack there of. What about you? Do you have a real routine? What kind of products do you use? Am I crazy for not caring more about my skin?

2 comments:

  1. I come to realize that less is more so not putting a ton of products on your face is not a bad thing. But you should try not to sleep in your makeup. If you are too lazy for the entire routine (as I usually am), why not just try some makeup remover wipes?
    Andreea | http://catsfika.blogspot.ro/

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you, please leave a comment if you are stopping in for a looksy!