Saturday, January 11, 2014

Birchbox "Go Time" Review - January 2014


My January Birchbox came yesterday, way earlier than I would have thought as I haven't seen any of my friends spoilers yet! For those of you that don't now, Birchbox is a monthly subscription (cancel/pause any time) where you get a monthly box, delivered to your front door, or 4-6 high-end beauty and lifestyle samples from top brands. The best part, it's only $10/month! (and free shipping!)

Birchbox was delivered in a nice pink box, and then within the packaging, there is always a nice little box with all the goodies. The theme this month was "Go Time" and talks about conquering lots of things and trying new things and staying motivated. They even included some motivating cards to welcome you into 2014.







First Look
Camille Beckman Body Butter (Morelia Monarch Scent) I'm actually not going to open this up because I have a ton of Body Butter and I'm going to save this for a future giveaway** but it has great reviews for it. The body butter is packed with shea butter and sweet almond oil which leaves dry skin softer, smoother, and healthier. The scent Morelia Monarch features green tea and amber over a base of vanilla orchid. (~$.71 for .25 oz sample)


Coastal Scents Revealed Palette Set (4 color sample)Well this is out of stock already on  Birchbox so I can only assume it's awesome. I love the colors I got, will be perfect for winter or a night out (well if Winter comes back to FL, it's 85 degrees today!) The full palette comes with 20 colors ranging from light beige to black. The colors are comparable to Urban Decay's Naked Palette. It's the same price on Birchbox as it is on their own site, but Birchbox comes with 3 brushes, so if you are looking to order it, do so on Birchbox.  Since it's a small 4 color samples I'm guessing it's equivlent to 2 colors in the normal palette ~ $2.00 for sample.




Liz Earle Cleanse & Polish Hot Cloth Cleanser This sounds awesome and has apparently won more than 90 beauty awards so I'm excited to try it.  It's apparently "just" a cleanser but works wonders. (~$7.42 for 1 oz sample)  




Omnipotent Cuosity Hair Treatment I thought this was a shampoo and conditioner  packet but turns out you mix the two together and it works into a foam used to restore hair health and prevent damage. I've never heard of a mix and activate treatment before. I'll definitely be trying this one out. (~$3.33 for 20mL sample)




Under Armour Braided Mini Headband (Strobe colors) I live in head/sweat bands when I run/work out so I'm happy to receive such an awesome Lifestyle Extra. Since it's Under Armour it's probably a great quality. According to Birchbox, Lifestyle Extras do not count towards the value of the box but estimated value is $9.99 (Under Armour sells them individually for $9.99 or in a 3 pack for $19.99)


Total Estimated Value of Box: $13.46 (not including shipping or the "Lifestyle Extra")
Total Cost of Box: $10.00 (Free Shipping)

Overall Impression: Great Box! Not counting the headband, the value wasn't that great but once you throw that in, it made a good box, a great box! 


If you are interested in signing up for Birchbox, use my referral link. If you review each product monthly you also get credit money in the Birchbox, shop. If you review each product each month (assuming there are 5) that equals $5 so the box itself pretty much costs $5 which is a great deal!

My box was "Birchbox 2
" - if you click here and then change the last number you can see the different variations of boxes that were sent out, looks like there were 75 different variations this month. 


**FUTURE GIVEAWAY** once I got 100 followers on BlogLovin' or 200 on Facebook (whichever happens first) - I am going to host a giveaway with all my Birchbox items that aren't things I would typically use but I know others who would love.

Disclosure: This post contains referral links!


No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you, please leave a comment if you are stopping in for a looksy!