Friday, January 17, 2014

Citrus Lane January 2014 Review




I got my January 2014 Citrus Lane box yesterday! This is always my favorite box to get and it's not even items for me!

For those of you that don't know, Citrus Lane  is a monthly subscription service where you get a box of goodies for your child that are geared towards their current age (and sometimes Mommy) each month delivered to your door. You never know what you are going to get, but overall I have not been disappointed. Plans start at $29/month (they just recently raised the price from $25/month) but if you buy longer subscriptions you can get them as low as $19/month).

Citrus Lane always includes a very nice information card with their boxes. On the front of it, it talked about winter and them trying to send a little reminder about spring that's right around the corner. On the back of the info card lists the items and descriptions and apparently Citrus Lane has come out with a new app as well. 


first look


This is what I got in my 14 Month Old, Baby Girl Box and the approximate retail value I found for each item from their specific website (or Amazon, since if you know me, I'm an Amazon Junkie and would most likely buy from there). Sometimes I have to do some math because the sizes aren’t quite the same, hence why they are approximate values.  I'm not really sure how these items are Spring related, but here they are anyways.


Shape Sorter from Plan Toys ($10.00) - this is absolutely perfect for EM. She loves all her shape sorters but MOMMY loves the fact that she can't lose the shapes. I may actually keep this one in my diaper bag for when we are out and about. Looks like a quality wood play toy too!


Owl Lunchie from Skip Hop ($14.00) - This is adorable, however we have no need for it whatsoever. EM's daycare provides breakfast and lunch and she'll be there until Kindergarten and I'm not holding on to this for YEARS. So, I actually listed it on e-bay last night and it sold before I woke up this morning. Apparently they are hot items! It is BPA-free and Phthalate-free so that's good for its new owner. 

Adhesive Bandages from Ouchies ($5.00) - these are cute bandaids. We haven't had a need for bandaids yet but as soon as (hopefully soon!) EM starts walking I'm sure there will be lots of boo-boos! We still have the Ouchies from a previous Citrus Lane box as well so we've got quite a few now. These are also latex free. Although, I'll say it again, kind of pricy for 20 bandaids, cute or not.




Travel Dish Soap from Dapple ($1.99) - If I didn't use my dishwasher for EVERYTHING, this would be great. I know I received this in the past as well and I've still never used it. Every once in a while something will be hand wash only and I'll use dish soap, but it's not that often. I guess this would be helpful to bring on a cruise so I don't have to bring soooo many sippy cups (normally I don't wash any of them just use them and rinse them out and pack them away) It's also an an all-natural cleaner (free of parabens, phthalates, SLS, SLES, 1,4-dioxane and dyes) that is supposed to target milk residue. 

Total Estimated Value of Box: ~$31.99 (not including shipping)
Total Cost of Box: $29.00 (free shipping) -- I only paid $10 though because of an awesome deal I found on Plum District.

Overall Impression: Had I paid the new full price ($29), I would have thought I got skimped on the value. I do love that shape sorter though! Hopefully EM will too. However since I already sold the lunchbox for more than I paid for the entire box itself, I think I did alright. Just would think that since they raised the price on the box that there would be a better overall value. 

If you are interested in signing up for Citrus Lane… please use my referral link and get $10/off your first box (and I’ll get a $10 credit as well) https://www.citruslane.com/invitedby/citrus.lane.607957

Remember, you can cancel at any time, so your first box would only be $19, not too shabby!

Did you get Citrus Lane this month? What'd you get and for how old of a child?

Disclosure: This post contains referral links!

6 comments:

  1. I received the same things except instead of the dish soap I received sanitizing wipes. If you would like to see my box it is http://bethanyberryman.blogspot.com/2014/01/citrus-lane-january-2014-box-review.html
    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish my box would have had the Dapple wipes vs Dish soap as I will most likely never use the dish soap and ALWAYS use the wipes! I love the shape sorter too, no pieces to lose!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Where did you sale your lunch box?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I sold it on eBay. There were a bunch listed if you are still looking for one, or if you want to list yours :)

      Delete
  4. Thanks. I have never sold anything on Ebay. I have several duplicate things from subscription box that I don't need or have anyone to give it too. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yea same here, with the duplicates, I have pretty good luck with eBay, just do some research and see what the items are selling for and you can usually price it around the same and sell things quickly :)

      Delete

I would love to hear from you, please leave a comment if you are stopping in for a looksy!