Monday, March 24, 2014

Pony Rides and Bounce Houses

Well the weekend flew bye wayyy too fast! Friday Night, we didn’t do much. We stopped by G’s parent’s house after dinner as there was some family in town that wanted to meet Emily, then G and I just watched a movie after EM went to bed. We watched 500 Days of Summer. I don’t know that I’ve ever actually seen the whole thing. It’s too slow paced for me and not one I’ll be watching again anytime soon.

Saturday was a very busy day! G was at the NCAA Tournament all day and EM and I had a birthday party to attend. Since the birthday party was in my hometown (it was a 4th  birthday party for my friend’s son; she’s probably the only person I really talk to that still lives in that town besides my family), we left early and stopped at my parents’ house and was able to spend time with them, plus my sister and grandparents came over. Then we went to the birthday party which was at a farm. I loved it! It would have been slightly better if EM was walking but we still had a great time. They had a ton of animals to look at plus pony rides, a cool swing, and a bounce house. It was a gorgeous day out (actually got a little sun burned on my shoulders, whoops!). EM loved the bounce house and her ride on the pony. It was hard to get a good picture on the pony since I wanted to be close in case she got wobbly.







After the party, my parents had my brother and his family and my grandparents over for dinner so I got to spend some time with all of them as well. I always love spending time with my family. With our hectic schedules, we only get to see them about once a month as they live 1.5 hrs away, so whenever I do go over there, I try to make a full day of it. I love watching my nieces and nephew (and brother and SIL too) interact with EM. They are so sweet to her and share their toys and just love being around her. I have a great relationship with my one set of cousins (despite never living in the same state, but we did see each other about once a year growing up) and I hope EM and her cousins will have the same!

On Sunday, I actually accomplished more than just sitting on the couch (my usual Sunday), don’t worry I still snuck in a nap while EM took hers, that never doesn’t happen! Both dogs even got bathed (don’t even want to think about how long it’s been). I took EM to our community playground for a little while but like Saturday, without her walking it makes it kind of difficult. Crawling in mulch isn’t exactly something she likes, so I’d have to pick her up after eat time down the slide and put her on the steps to climb back up. She seemed to enjoy herself though but this Mommy got tired after only a little while. We finished the weekend with dinner at my inlaws. It was super yummy! I even finished most of my laundry yesterday (determined to finish the rest tonight, it was in the dryer when I was going to sleep).


EM definitely is improving on her standing though, hopefully her first steps will be ANY day now!


Monday morning came wayyyy too fast, but this was the first weekend in a long time where we got out of the house and did fun things with EM so I welcomed the tiredness.


Dateless in Dallas

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you, please leave a comment if you are stopping in for a looksy!