Tuesday, May 20, 2014

May 2014 Birchbox



 

My May Birchbox came last Friday! My friend mentioned last week that it seemed like it was taking a long time to for them to ship and so I checked my account and saw they gave me 100 Birchbox Points for “Sorry: Delayed Shipping” – so I guess that means they had shipping issues this month. If they sent an e-mail out about it, I totally missed it, and I’m usually good with my e-mail so I’m assuming they didn’t notify us about it. Regardless though, it only came a few days later than normal.  For those of you that don't now, Birchbox is a monthly subscription (cancel/pause any time) where you get a monthly box, delivered to your front door, of 4-6 high-end beauty and lifestyle samples from top brands. The best part, it's only $10/month! (and free shipping!)






Birchbox is always delivered in a nice (usually pink, but this month it was yelow) box and within the packaging; there is always a nice little box with all the goodies. The theme this month was "Rainy Days" and talked about embracing the gloomy rainy days as we wait for May flowers! Birchbox always includes a great information card which explains each item and the value for the full size (I post the value for the sample size received - which is sometimes a full size item). This month they also included an information card about sun skincare and a coupon for Kate Spade's store Saturday. Here is what I got this month:



CoTZ Face Natural Skin Tone SPF 40 (~ $0.94 for 2 g sample) – Seems like sunscreens are popular products in beauty boxes this month, which makes sense since summer is coming! This one is supposed to be lightweight and non-greasy, I do wish they would have given a bigger sample of it though, this is maybe enough for ONE use for me!



Cynthia Rowley Beauty Eyeliner in Black (~ $12. for .03 oz sample) – I received the Urban Decay eyeliner in my Ipsy Bag last month, which I love, hope this one is equally as fabulous! I don’t wear eyeliner often, but when I do, I get a ton of compliments, so maybe I’ll start wearing it more.

Noya Lip Gloss (in Summertime Peach) (~ $8.00 for 1.5 mL sample)  – This vanilla scented gloss is supposed to moisturize and add shine without being gooey (which is my biggest complaint on some glosses and why I usually stick to chap sticks.


Nexxus Color Assure Pre-Wash Primer  (~ $0.93 for .17 oz sample), Nexxus Color Assure Vibrancy Retention Shampoo (~ $0.27 for .3 oz sample), and Nexxus Color Assure Vibrancy Retention Conditioner (~ $0.33 for .3 oz sample) - I have never heard of a “pre-wash primer” for hair but I will be trying it out after my next coloring (which I am in desperate need of) - to go along with the Primer they sent Shampoo and Conditioner, which is nice so you can get a feel of how the 3 products interact together, however one use is not a good enough sample to really see how it’ll work long term and the sample size is so tiny that I'm not sure it'll even be enough for my whole head!


Smart Parts All –in-One Gummy Vitamins for Adults   - I already take a daily prenatal multi-vitamin and as much as gummies are fun (and probably tasty) I don’t really want to have to take 6 a day, no thanks! This was  added in as a Lifestyle Extra and according to Birchbox, Lifestyle Extras do not count towards the value of the box but estimated value is $0.33 for the 2 gummy sample. 

Total Estimated Value of Box: ~$22.47 (not including shipping or the lifestyle extra))
Total Cost of Box: $10.00 (Free Shipping)

Overall Impression: Meh. The sample were super tiny (other than the eyeliner), I would have rather gotten one less item and made the samples a little bigger. This wasn't my favorite box that's for sure, but the eyeliner value more than makes up for the price paid so it's still worth it.

If you are interested in signing up for Birchbox, use my referral link. If you review each product monthly you also get credit money in the Birchbox shop. If you review each product each month (assuming there are 5) that equals $5 so the box itself pretty much costs $5 which is a great deal!

My box was "Birchbox 42" - if you click here and then change the last number you can see the different variations of boxes that were sent out, looks like there were 47 different variations this month.

Which box did you get this month? Did you like it?

Disclosure: This post contains referral links! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you, please leave a comment if you are stopping in for a looksy!