Friday, October 24, 2014

Follow Through Friday - Starting Point



Even though I kind of already "started" last week - this will be my "starting point" for the blog. As of this morning, I weighed 176.6, have a BMI of 31.8 and have 37% body fat which puts me in the obese category for all three. When you are 5'2", it's not "hard" to easily hit the overweight/obese category. Even when I was my thinnest (138 lbs) as an adult, I was still considered "overweight" for my height when looking at weight and at the high end of "normal" for BMI. According to the CDC and WebMD, the normal range for a 5'2" woman is 101-136 lbs with a BMI of 18.5-24.9. I was happy with myself at 138-140 but have made my goal 135 to put me in the healthy range. I also want to try to reduce my body fat % to a healthy range, which according to the American Council of Exercise is 25-31% for an average woman. I have also taken some measurements to have that to compare to as well.

Based on my plan, my goal for this week (Friday 10/24 to Thursday 10/30) is to walk 12.38 miles which is 10% more than the 11.25 miles I walked this past week (Friday 10/17 to Thursday 10/23).  

Below is a picture of my updated Motivation Board, with a goal of 135 I only had enough clothespins to start at 176 (41 lbs to lose), which ironically is what I weighed this morning. I also added in/changed the incentives from my original post about it but overall it's not much different. The top left quadrant is my half marathon training plan and some motivational sayings, it's kind of hard to see in the picture. 


I have also updated my half marathon training plan to start on Monday, November 10th which would put me almost 7 weeks postpartum and give me 11 weeks before the Celebration Half Marathon (while laying in bed about a month before the baby came I decided to sign up for this one as well) and 15 weeks before the Disney Princess Half Marathon. 
sorry so blurry - it's a screen shot of a pdf doc
So, that's where I stand to start, I hope to make weekly Friday posts documenting my journey to meeting my goals. Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you, please leave a comment if you are stopping in for a looksy!