Thursday, November 27, 2014

Follow Through Friday - Happy Thanksgiving!


After last week’s TERRIBLE week, I knew I wanted this week to be better. I knocked out all my running by Monday night since I knew Tuesday night we’d be doing date night and then Wednesday night and Thursday we’d be busy with a house guest and Thanksgiving. I did pretty good with my eating and was down to 170.4 on Sunday (even after slightly indulging on Saturday at a baby shower) but then of course I couldn’t resist all the goodness that is a Thanksgiving dinner which resulted in a not so pretty weigh in this morning. Although surprised it wasn't worse. I usually allow myself to cheat a little over the weekends (one full day) and then I’m not as careful for one day and then good the other 5. This week I’m only allowing one real cheat day, which will be today. Today we’ll be tailgating for the UCF vs. USF game (we’re on our way there now – GO KNIGHTS!!) and I don’t plan to be good by any means but not really go crazy either.  I’ve got literally nothing else planned all weekend and week so I’m pledging to have no cheat days this week after today. I will only eat my allotted calories and do my workouts. Well, at least my runs. I really need to incorporate my strength training, but I haven’t been in the mood to do it. I guess just running is better than nothing at all and I’m not going to lie and make it seem like I have intentions of doing the strength training because right now I don’t.


Results for the week:
Weight: 173.2
Pins Moved (lbs lost): one in wrong direction  
Half Marathon training:
     Run 1: 4.02 miles in 24:00 (11:50 pace) 
     Run 2: 2.66 miles in 30:00 (11:16 pace)
     Run 3: 2.56 miles in 30:00 (11:43 pace)
     Strength Training: none
Other:
     Walk: Sunday – 0.48 miles
     Walk: Wednesday - 0.48 miles
     Walk: Thursday – 2.02 miles
Total Weekly Miles Logged:  12.22 miles

Overall Weight Lost since "Starting Point" 10/24/14: 3.4 lbs


Plan for Next Week: 
Continue the half marathon training plan, for Friday through Thursday it will include: a 5 mile run, two 30-minute runs, and two strength training days. 

Linking up with Carolyn and Fitnasty for Life with the pledge to get #FIT4FIFTEEN!


Fitnasty for Life

2 comments:

  1. Good job on getting your runs taken care of early before a busy holiday season. I hope you get the loss you're hoping for this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm the same way-- if I don't get my workouts in early in the week, I just won't do them over the weekend. It's MUCH easier to motivate myself to go to the gym on Thursday than it is on Sunday afternoon! Good luck getting back to it this week-- you can do it!

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you, please leave a comment if you are stopping in for a looksy!