Friday, January 23, 2015

Follow through Friday - Fully Committed to get #fitin15


YES! I did it! I’m back to where I was in Early December. I did a 10k (virtual) race hosted by the awesome Moms Run This Town group over the weekend and saw a picture that completely disgusted me. I mean, I was wearing a shirt that was too small (it was cold out and my long sleeve running shirts are all too small still) but still, I looked like the Michelin man and it was enough for me to say, I need to cut the crap (junk food) and get serious. Ironically, back in 2009 when I lost a bunch of weight, it was picture that did it for me too. I finally feel fully committed! I went grocery shopping and stocked the fridge and even cooked a real dinner twice this week – Tilapia. I usually eat prepared salads, frozen veggie burgers or something else in frozen form, so this was a nice change up!

Since my first of 2 half marathons is this weekend and the other at the end of February, I didn’t want to lose the momentum of having races on the horizon, so I signed up for a few more races this week as well. All of them are medal races too (I’m a sucker for Race Bling)! The first one is a 5k on January31st, the next is on February 7th and is a 5k and 10k  Distance Dare (9.3 miles) and the other is on March 14th and is a 2 miler and 10k Distance Dare (8.2 miles) which I did last year. I’m sure I’ll sign up for a few more in the spring before it gets too hot, just trying to work them into a busy schedule! Ahh I’m loving running again and it feels so good!

With my commitment, I should be able to hit all my dietbet weigh-ins in February (I have 3!), be down about 10 lbs for my cruise at the end of February, and fit into some more of the clothes in my closet and feel a little better about myself!

Weight: 168.8 <--- totally scheduling that facial now!

Half Marathon training:     Run 1: 6.16 miles in 1:14:58 (12:10 pace) 
     Run 2: 2.68 miles in 30:00 (11:11 pace)
     Run 3: 4.03 miles in 45:00 (11:10 pace)

Other:
     Walk: Friday – 1.23 miles
     Walk: Sunday – 2.96 mile
     Walk: Monday – 0.79 miles (plus walked around SeaWorld all day)
     Walk: Tuesday – 0.83 miles

Total Weekly Miles Logged:  18.68 miles

Overall Weight Lost since "Starting Point" 10/24/14: 7.8 lbs

Plan for Next Week: 
For Friday through Monday it will include Celebration Half Marathon, one 30-minute run and a 45-minute run. 

2 comments:

  1. What is it about pictures that do that to us? I always think I'm looking good until I take a picture and realize yes I am still overweight. Thank you very much. lol Pictures don't lie I guess.

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you, please leave a comment if you are stopping in for a looksy!