Friday, March 13, 2015

Follow Through Friday - Bad Choices

Was not looking forward to the weigh in this week. I always seems to follow a good week with a bad week. A really bad week. I really blew it all week. I was only remotely good two days and the rest were an absolute bust. I was in Cincinnati on business travel Sunday through Wednesday and I ate and drank entirely too much. I always struggle when I travel, but this week I was REALLY bad with a lot of bad choices. Did I need to get the Lobster Cavatappi? (essentially Mac and Cheese) No, I sure didn’t but it was damn good!   Did I need to eat the 400 calorie cookie just because it came with my meal? Or the donut for breakfast each day? Nope, I sure didn’t. There was fruit. There was yogurt. I didn’t have to drink the beer(s). But nope, I made bad choices and only I am to blame for those and only I am the cause that is taking my journey so much longer than it needs to be.

I look back and think, had I stuck to my diet 100% since I started, I probably would have only been maybe 10 lbs away from my goal but nope, I’m about 30 lbs away. Was it worth it to do all those cheats? Sometimes I think it is, as I, for the most part, enjoyed the meals and drinks. But then I go and try on my swimsuit and immediately regret it. I hate this. I still don’t think there has been ONE 7 day period where I was 100% on par with my diet and exercise since I re-started this journey back in October and I’d be lying to myself if I said there would be one in my near future. We’ve got plans for the next 7 weekends in a row and I’ve got a few more business trips on the horizon. Excuses? Absolutely, I’m full of them, and what’s worse, I KNOW this. But I’m being honest and I’m not going to NEVER do the things that I enjoy (having nice {unhealthy} meals and {lots of} drinks), I just really need to focus on a better balance. I know a lot of people do an 80/20 lifestyle, and that’s probably what I should strive for. But I always feel like I need to get to where I want to be FIRST and then do the 80/20. I need to make some sacrifices and stick to the plan so that I can get to the goal. Otherwise, I’ll be boarding the plane for my 30th birthday trip upset and feeling like a failure.  6.5 months is more than enough time to drop the weight, but only I can make that happen. We're going on another cruise at the end of April and I really want to break into the 150's by then. 

I’ve got my 10k + 2 mile distance dare race tomorrow and I’m not looking forward to it. My exercise was crap this week, I got in 2 runs, if you can even call them that as they were definitely more walking than running, plus I think I’m getting sick. I started coughing on Wednesday and was hoping it was just from the dry air in Ohio but it didn’t go away. I’ve loaded up on Dayquil and vitamin C these last 2 days and it seems to be keeping my cough to a minimum, but still not feeling 100%. The one morning in Cincinnati, I did get up BEFORE work to get my run in since I knew we had dinner plans and getting a run in between work and dinner would be tough (and we ended up going straight from the supplier so we never even came back to the hotel between work and dinner so I’m glad I got it out of the way). I never get up early to work out, and I was so happy that I didn’t set my alarm to find the ONLY treadmill used. I would have been pissed had someone been on it. It was a slow run, with a good amount of walking, but at least I got it done. Anything is better than nothing. Right? 

So now that I’ve got all that whining out of the way, on a positive note, I did hit my weigh in for DietBet on Saturday and won $36.19 for that round and only need to maintain for the next month to get my share of the final pot. (which means  I really need to lose again since I gained since last week plus need to lose for my other dietbets). Anyways, here are my weekly results:

Weight: 165.4 lbs

Runs:
     3.10 miles in 33:30 (10:48 pace)
     3.59 miles in 45:00 (12:32 pace)
Walks:
     1.0 mile
Total Miles: 7.69 miles  

Overall Weight Lost since "Starting Point" 10/24/14: 11.8 lbs

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you, please leave a comment if you are stopping in for a looksy!