Friday, September 18, 2015

Follow Through Friday - Transformer Winner and Personal Records


How convenient that my 6 month Transformer Diet Bet ended on a Friday, perfect timing for a Follow Through Friday post! Well technically it ended yesterday, but today was the weigh in and I’m so happy to report I hit my goal! The last two weeks I’ve been consistently below the goal (150.7) but then last weekend I went a little overboard (all you can eat Mac and Cheese Competition and then a weekend with family and lots of Dunkin Donuts will do that to you!) and jumped back up to 154 so I was a little nervous I wouldn’t hit it after all my hard work! But I did, and I feel so great about it! I won’t know the final payout for a few more days, but it should be around $225-$250 (about $125 profit since it was a $125 buy in). Overall I have lost 19 lbs. since I started this particular Diet Bet 6 months ago, and it definitely has kept me motivated. I hit my goal only 4 of the 6 months (would have won another $60 had I won all 6 months). Here are my before and after pictures (which aren’t the best quality since I didn’t put a lot of effort into the before picture LOL).

Now, I can’t believe I missed posting last week since I hit a new low! After we got married, I gained a bunch of weight on my honeymoon, and the lowest I got down to before getting my positive pregnancy test (within a month from returning from honeymoon) was 149.6 so this is technically the lowest weight I’ve been since I’ve been married!  It’s crazy though, some days I feel skinny, and some days I feel huge still. I know I’m smaller, I can see it most days, but sometimes I just still feel so blah and gross. I really hope I can reduce the number of those gross feeling days as I continue to lose and get more in shape.

This past weekend, I also finally hit my goal of running a sub 30 5k in an actual race! I had done it on the treadmill a few times, but never in a race. Well, back in 2010, I technically did, but the course was short so I never liked to count it. The closest I ever came was 30:34 and my official time was 28:54 for the race! Since G was out of town, I had my father in law watching my kids, so I left right after the race ended. I never stay for awards, but my friend was pretty sure she placed so had I had more time, I would have stayed for her. Little did I know, I placed THIRD for my age group! I never even thought I had a chance to place. It was super exciting to hear that news, but I was little bummed about missing my chance on the podium. Luckily, my friend was able to bring home my award for me (which was just a logo glass). You can read all about my race here! I can’t wait to see what I can do in future 5ks now that I know I’m capable of running a 5k under 29 minutes. (I never came close to that on the treadmill – it was always like 30 minutes on the dot). I think my next 5k goal will be to hit 28:30! So over the last two weeks, I got in some good runs and some not so good runs (they just felt tougher), but overall am happy I am sticking to my plan! And how weird is it that all 3 of my runs this week were he same exact distance? Wasn't even tying! My eating can always use a little work. It’s so easy for me to go back to eating all the bad stuff and eating way too much of it but overall I’ve been doing pretty well and hit another new low this week!


Results for the week (ending 9/11):
Weight:  148.8

Half Marathon training:
     Run 1: 5.30 miles in 1:06:55 (12:38 pace)
     Run 2: 6.30 miles in 1:10:43 11:13 pace)   
     Run 3: 3.06 miles in 30:00 (9:48 pace) 

Other:
     Walk: Wednesday – 1.0 miles

Total Weekly (Running) Miles Logged: 14.66 miles
Total September Miles Logged: 20.67 (of 50)

Results for the week (ending 9/18):
Weight:  148.4 <- NEW LOW!!

Half Marathon training:
     Run 1: 3.13 miles in 29:02 (9:17 pace)
     Run 2: 3.13 miles in 34:51 (11:07 pace)   
     Run 3: 3.13 miles in 30:00 (9:34 pace) 

Other: none

Total Weekly (Running) Miles Logged: 9.39 miles
Total September Miles Logged: 30.06 (of 50)

Overall Weight Lost since "Starting Point" 10/24/14: 28.2 lbs

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you, please leave a comment if you are stopping in for a looksy!