Thursday, October 8, 2015

Follow through Friday - an Off Week



Another week down and this one just felt “off”, both mentally and physically. I ate decently (other than Saturday when we were at the Food and Wine Festival) but just didn’t feel like really exercising. I also didn’t really meal prep since I made the last two of my Hello Fresh meals (which were delicious!) so ate a lot of crap otherwise, but mostly stayed within my calories, they just weren’t good calories (so I guess not even really decently). I also got my period this morning (awful cramps ugh!) so I’m sure that is contributing to everything as well, especially my mood. Stupid Hormones! I was able to get on the walk station 3x this week, so that is always a nice change up. For the two runs that I did do, I wasn’t in the mood any of the evenings and opted to run in the morning before work both days. Well the first day (Tuesday), I hit snooze one too many times and only had enough time to get 20 minutes in (vs. 30) or else I would have been late for work. Plus I wasn’t really feeling it either. Then on Thursday, I gave myself enough time to get the run in, even though I wasn’t in the mood, only to realize after the fact that I was actually supposed to bump my run up to 45 minutes this week per my training plan. WHOOPS! So not only did I miss a run, I also cut two of them short. I’m going to attempt to get an additional run in today to help make up for it and hopefully better prep me for my race on Sunday It also didn’t help that I got my long run in early last week and didn’t replace the short run so I was overall short one run this week and I could have made it up, but I didn’t. It wasn’t even that I “didn’t have the time” – I just didn’t feel like it. I know I’m not going to love every run and some will feel more forced, especially on a treadmill, but I just hate feeling that way, especially with the Lakeland 10 Miler on Sunday! Normally you are supposed to taper before a race, so maybe this won’t be so bad after all. I wasn’t planning on tapering since this race just kind of falls perfectly into my training plan, but with only 4.6 miles logged this week, it kind of became a taper.

On a positive note, I’ve recently signed up for some 2016 races! There have been some early registration offers going around (I scored a 10k for $6.60!) and so I already have 12 races on the calendar for 2016: four 5ks, five 10ks, and three Half Marathons (Two of them are the Disney Challenges where it’s the 10k on Saturday and Half on Sunday). I’m sure I’ll end up throwing a few more in there as well, I know of at least two more that I’ll be doing that they haven’t opened up registration for yet. I completed 14 so far in 2015 and am signed up for 4 more before the end of the year. Yes, the Race Addiction is real, VERY real!

 
Results for the week (ending 10/8):

Weight:  149.6

Half Marathon training:
     Run 1: 1.80 miles in 20:00 (11:07 pace)
     Run 2: 2.80 miles in 30:00 (10:43 pace)
     Run 3: didn’t happen
L


Other:
   Walk: 2.74 miles combined (Walk Station at Work)

Total Weekly (Running) Miles Logged: 4.6 miles
Total October Miles Logged: 13.6 (of 55)


Overall Weight Lost since "Starting Point" 10/24/14: 27.0 lbs

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you, please leave a comment if you are stopping in for a looksy!