Sunday, December 20, 2015

Lakeland 10 Miler - Florida 10 Series Race Recap

I'm so far behind on all my race recaps, so this isn't going to be very thorough, but I wanted to at least get it documented. This one is for the Lakeland 10 Miler from October 11, 2015. 


I rode out to Lakeland, which is about an hour away, with my MRTT friend Jill and we met up with a bunch more of the MRTT ladies once we got there.  The race was two 5 mile loops with not much to see and no entertainment. It was really hot that day, and the course offered ZERO shade. They had plenty of water stops, however they ran out at several of them and one was even completely unmanned. A lot of my friends paid very little for the race as they signed up duing blitz pricing, but I paid close to full price for it and was highly disappointed in the way the race was ran (mostly due to the fact that they ran out of water!) and I guess they had some timing issues too (although didn't affect me) The t-shirt however, is by far my favorite non-tech t-shirt from a race ever. It is just so dang comfortable!  There was also a 5 Miler going on at the same time, and I looked at my 5 Mile split time, and had I only ran the 5 Miler, I would have come in 1st place in my age group, which tempts me to run only the 5 miler next year. Granted, if I do it next year, it'll only be if I can sign up during blitz pricing, definitely won't pay full price for it. The race was part of the Florida 10 Series, and several of my friends did the next race in Sarasota and said it was much better coordinated and had plenty of water (they also ran it last year, and said they didn't have that problem either, so I'm guessing it was more of a fluke). The medal was pretty cute too!





Official Chip Time: 1:42:39 (overall pace of 10:16)
Place: 120 of 294 Finishers
Place: 7 of 19 in my Women’s Age Division (25-29)
Splits:
Mile 1: 9:38
Mile 2: 9:35
Mile 3: 10:02
.12 mile: 09:31 


Place: 66 of the 216 Women Finishers
My Runkeeper stats:
10.12 miles in 1:42:38 (overall pace of 10:09)
Mile 4: 9:47
Mile 5: 10:23
Mile 6: 10:19
Mile 7: 10:18
Mile 8: 10:17
Mile 9: 10:33
Mile 10: 10:37

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you, please leave a comment if you are stopping in for a looksy!